The best-selling author, speaker, and leadership guru John C. Maxwell has created a five-level leadership theory that visualizes the level at which one performs and the levels of respect and success that can be attained with each.
John Calvin Maxwell was born on February 20, 1974, in Garden City, Michigan. He is an evangelical Christian and followed his father in the ministry. In 1969, he graduated from Circleville Bible College and got his Master of Divinity degree at Azusa Pacific University. He also got his Doctor of Ministry degree at Fuller Theological Seminary.
John Maxwell is a pastor, speaker, and American author who wrote books focusing on leadership. Some of his books include The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership and The 21 Indispensable Qualities of a Leader. All of his books have sold millions of copies, some in different languages. Moreover, most of his books were included in the New York Times Best Seller List.
In this post, you will find rare pictures of John C. Maxwell with his wife Margaret Maxwell.
The Rise to Fame of John Maxwell
John Maxwell always wanted to make a difference in people’s lives. His passion in life was growing and equipping others to do wonderful things and lead successful lives. He loved teaching, so he devoted himself full-time to speaking and writing in 1995.
Maxwell led churches in many cities, including Indiana, Ohio, California, and Florida. After 14 years, he left Skyline Church in 1995, serving as a senior pastor. He is the founder of many organizations and companies, including INJOY, Maximum Impact, The John Maxwell Team, ISS, and EQUIP.
John Maxwell is the founder and president of EQUIP and his brother Larry Maxwell. The organization’s mission is to help Christian leaders carry out the Great Commission. They focus on personal development, leadership training, speaking, and mentoring youth. One of their missions is to equip and empower Christian leaders to impact their families, businesses, organizations, and communities. EQUIP has a vision of seeing healthy churches and effective leaders fulfilling the Great Commission in every nation through individual, church, business, and community initiatives.
Maxwell was inducted into Omicron Delta Kappa at Concordia University Irvine. The owner of the Indiana Wesleyan University, the Maxwell Center for Business and Leadership, had Maxwell’s name and his family on one of the buildings because he influenced the Wesleyan Church. Then, he was honored with an honorary doctorate degree by the IWU Society of World Changers.
John Maxwell and his Wife, Margaret Maxwell
In 2019, John C. Maxwell and Margaret Maxwell celebrated their 50th anniversary.
John C. Maxwell and Margaret Maxwell have been married since 1969. They had two children named Joel Porter Maxwell and Sarah Elizabeth Miller.
Here are photos of one of the most beautiful marriages a couple can ever wish for.
Here is a photo of their wedding in 1969
A young version of John C. Maxwell with his wife Margaret
John C. Maxwell and Margaret Maxwell celebrating their 50th anniversary
After more than half a century together, John and Margaret are still enjoying each other’s company
Facts About John Maxwell
- Maxwell was named the No. 1 leadership and management expert in the world in 2014 by Inc. Magazine.
Books by John Maxwell
Listed below are unjust few of his many books he authored through the years.
- 2017 – No Limits: Blow the Cap Off Your Capacity.
- 2015 – Intentional living: Choosing a life that matters.
- 2014 – How Successful People Grow: 15 Ways to Get Ahead in Life.
- 2013 – Sometimes You Win–Sometimes You Learn: Life’s Greatest Lessons Are Gained from Our Losses.
- 2012 – Mentor 101: What Every Leader Needs to Know.
- 2011 – Put Your Dream to the Test: 10 Questions that Will Help You See it and Seize it.
- 2010 – Everyone communicates, few connect: What the most effective people do differently.
- 2009 – How successful people think: Change your thinking, change your life.
- 2008 – Leadership gold: Lessons I’ve learned from a lifetime of leading.
- 2007 – Failing forward.
- 2006 – The 17 essential qualities of a team player: Becoming the kind of person every team wants.
- 2005 – 25 ways to win with people: how to make others feel like a million bucks.
- 2004 – Relationships 101.
- 2003 – Thinking for a change: 11 ways highly successful people approach life and work.
- 2002 -Teamwork makes the dream work.
- 1997 – Becoming a person of influence: How to positively impact the lives of others.
- 1995 – Developing the leaders around you: How to help others reach their full potential.
- 1993 – Developing the leader within you.
Quotes by John Maxwell
“A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way.”
“A minute of thought is greater than an hour of talk.”
“Most people want to avoid pain, and discipline is usually painful.”
According to John Maxwell, leadership is a choice, and companies that live out their leadership have the potential to reach their full potential. He urges business founders, corporate leaders, executives, and consumers to innovate and equip organizations to live out their potential. His company, The John Maxwell Company, assists organizations by assessing them and their leaders, which in turn helps them learn and lead with excellence.
Today, John speaks for Fortune 500 companies and organizations like the United States Military Academy and the National Football League. He is also known as the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and Business Week best-selling author. He was also named in Amazon.com’s 10th Anniversary Hall of Fame of the 25 authors.
Here’s a recent Twitter video of John Maxwell sharing the value of values.